Sunday, June 19, 2011

New Crank Easel



 Someone I don't know literally gave me the easel of my dreams for free.  A friend of my in-laws had it sitting and doesn't seem to have been used.  It was waiting there in Chicago for me where I happened to be going for the weekend.  It was like the movies in which the kid who stares at the guitar in the store window finally gets it.


 It's a Cappelletto Renaissance beechwood crank easel, and came with a special linseed oil for oiling the fancy wood.  It has a palette and paintbox that box that both clip onto the front.  Thank you God, I'll try to do something decent on it.


2 comments:

Sophie said...

That looks just perfect. Lucky you. hmm....now where can I get one...
Am looking forward to what comes off that easel of yours!!

Doug Steward Fine Art said...

Boy are you lucky! I've wanted one also for a long time but .... will have to wait till I make some $ to purchase one.

You will do great work on it. Get a real nice stool to sit on when your legs get tired.

About Me

My photo
I am a painter. www.StephenCefalo.com, http://twitter.com/#!/CefaloStudio